What is Git: Git is a version control system. It was developed by Linus Torvalds(developer of Linux kernel) and Junio C Hamano. It was released in 2005. Git was developed by C, C++, Perl, Tcl, and Python.
Some other popular version control systems are:
- Beanstalk etc.
- To control version
- To keep changed track
- To collaborate on a project from a different location
Create a personal access token for remote access.
- In the upper-right corner, click your profile photo then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
- In the left sidebar, under Personal access tokens, click Token (Classic).
- Under the Token name, enter a name for the token.
- Under Expiration, select an expiration for the token.
- Select scopes. Scopes define access for personal tokens.
- Click Generate token.
Remote access in Git using the personal access token
git remote remove origin git remote add origin https://[TOKEN]@github.com/[REPO-OWNER]/[REPO-NAME] git push --set-upstream origin master